Communications Coordinator – Mission Advancement
Full-time Position, Clinton, SC
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and producing content for communications and marketing efforts including internet, social media, printed communications, electronic communications, community events, mass media and video. The communications coordinator works on various communications projects and reports to the communications manager.
- Coordinate content for marketing communications including internet and social media, printed communications, electronic communications, community events mass media and video. This includes collecting content from advancement and program staff, seeking out and writing stories, editing, and organization. Media types include but may not be limited to:
- Seek out story and content ideas
- Maintain calendar of events for photography, story ideas, interviews, press releases, social media, etc.
- Create e-mail newsletters and campaigns
- Manage updates for internal and external website
- Coordinate evolving social media initiatives
- Manage multi-media projects:
- Assist advancement and program staff in photography of on-campus and off-campus activities and events.
- Maintain photo library archives and photo backups
- Manage photo release process and files
- Assist with video production and project management
- Assist with all Public Relations and mission advocacy efforts:
- Distribute press releases and advocacy letters
- Establish and maintain relationships with media
- Follow up with media as directed by Communications Manager
- Maintain press clippings library
- Assist with development, design and production of all communication materials:
- Make minor changes in template files created in Word, PowerPoint, InDesign and Illustrator
- Maintain samples archive of all communication efforts
- Ensure that Thornwell branding is consistent across all materials and mediums
- Place orders for materials via online resources, track orders and distribute materials
- Complete analysis forms and documents, and maintain files
- Use dye sublimation equipment (printer, heat press, etc.) to produce name tags, plaques, and other items
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Communications Manager or Vice President of Mission Advancement including gift entry and general administrative work.
Works in office setting with occasional travel. Uses office equipment including computers. May sit for extended periods of time. Required to work daytime, and occasional evening and weekend hours (with some overnight travel). Required to use personal car and will be reimbursed at the agency standard rate.
College degree required with 1-3 years employment experience in marketing communications, preferably for a non-profit. Must have strong written, verbal and organizational skills with the ability to take initiative, plan, prioritize and execute the completion of all projects in a fast-paced environment. Must have a strong commitment to serving children and families within a non-profit Christian ministry.
Good written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; close attention to detail; strong strategic, analytic an organizational skills. Must be adept at Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) preferred but not required.
Thornwell Home for Children is an independent non-profit religious organization affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and prefers to employ individuals who are Christians and who possess a Christian commitment, as well as concern, for children and families in need.
How to Apply
For consideration, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter in which you specifically address why you wish to serve in this role, how your skills and experience have uniquely qualified you for this position, and salary requirements.
Please no faxes, phone calls, or recruiters. Qualified candidates in whom we have further interest will be contacted. Please note our process for hiring qualified candidates will involve the following, as per agency policy and in order to comply with all federal and state laws and licensing requirements:
- Phone and in-person interview, drug testing, background checks, academic degree and licensing verification, and reference checking.
Position open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time