Full-Time Position – Family-Style Residential Care Program
Do you feel a calling to be part of a ministry that offers safe, loving homes through family-style residential care? Do you have a solid background in use of the Teaching-Family Model and behavioral principles? You can make a difference in the lives of children at Thornwell.
We are currently seeking a Consultant/Trainer for our Residential Program. This position is based in Clinton, SC on our 350-acre campus that includes historic buildings, cottages, recreational facilities, a farm, and a learning center providing academic support. Please see the complete job description for more details and application instructions.
The Consultant/Trainer will implement a systematic approach to consultation and training services to help ensure the provision of quality services for clients through the use of established Thornwell and Teaching-Family Association (TFA) standards.
- Conduct consultation and training as scheduled using the standards established by TFA and according to the policies and procedures of Thornwell. Assist Family Teachers to become certified with the TFA.
- Implement and supervise a system of consultation services that adequately provides for professional supervision of campus homes assigned.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Observe and describe specifically Family Teacher and youth behaviors.
- Support Director of Residential Program in providing system of regular Pre-service and in-service training for Family Teachers.
- Coordinate Comprehensive Care Plan reviews for youth in homes supervised.
- Supervise the administrative duties of the Family Teachers in homes.
- Train cottage teams to effectively meet their programmatic, administrative and managerial responsibilities.
- Participate in intake duties to provide for the admission of children and youth to the programs.
- Assist in developing and delivering advanced training workshops.
- Follow and enforce Thornwell, TFA, licensing and COA standards.
- Participate in agency’s Evaluation Review Committee (ERC) as requested.
- Assist in developing and providing client workshops as needed.
- Serve as positive role model for adults and youth.
- Accept other consulting, training and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Residential Program.
Works in an office setting, but often works in a cottage setting. Uses office equipment including computers. May sit for extended periods of time, but may be stand for extended periods of time while in a cottage. Required to work daytime, evening, weekend hours and is on call 24 hours a day.
The Consultant/Trainer must be committed to positive changes in youth through the implementation of the Teaching-Family Model. This person must have a minimum of an Associate Degree, with preference given for Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. This person should have a solid background in the use of the Teaching-Family Model and behavioral principles. The Consultant/Trainer must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Implementation of the Teaching-Family Model and be able to adapt its use in a variety of populations.
- Skilled teacher and communicator.
- Communicate well through writing.
- Skilled in the areas of supervision and leadership.
- Communicate feedback in a supportive, positive way.
- Prioritize and organize one’s time and responsibilities.
How to Apply
For consideration, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter in which you specifically address why you wish to serve in this role, how your skills and experience have uniquely qualified you for this position, and salary requirements.
Please no faxes, phone calls, or recruiters. Qualified candidates in whom we have further interest will be contacted. Please note our process for hiring qualified candidates will involve the following, as per agency policy and in order to comply with all federal and state laws. Phone and in-person interview, drug testing, background checks, academic degree and reference checking. Position open until filled.