Our first and primary goal is to ensure that the children and families we serve receive the immediate attention they need to overcome urgent situations. We further assist that child and their family with ongoing services to help them heal and become whole again. We address child and family welfare at the root level—the family level—through focused resources, personalized assistance, and life skills education. Our entire family-centered approach is designed to strengthen at-risk families and give them critical tools to eliminate instability in the home so that they can rebuild a positive, enriching future together.
To refer a child to our residential program in Clinton, SC, call us at 1-888-310-9387 and ask for our admissions coordinator. To refer a family to the Building Families program, please complete the Building Families Referral Form.
What We Do
- Thornwell considers all admissions on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Thornwell provides residency services to qualified children and youth of parents or guardians residing in South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- We design programs and services to help children, youth, and families who are experiencing low-to-moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems.
- We receive hundreds of calls from pastors, social workers, family members, and others concerned for the well-being of a child.
- We network with agencies, as well as with child and family advocacy organizations.
- We make referrals to local agencies or other service providers.
- All residential children coming into Thornwell’s program must consent to placement. In every case, our ultimate course of action will be that which is most appropriate to the child’s well-being.
What Thornwell Doesn’t Do
- We are not a boarding school.
- We do not provide substance abuse or psychiatric treatment services.
- We cannot admit individuals who are considered to be a danger to themselves or others.
- We are not licensed to serve the needs of the physically, mentally, or severely emotionally handicapped.