Would you like to refer a child or a family to one of Thornwell’s many services? Our professional staff helps you every step of the way.
To refer a child to our residential program in Clinton, SC, call us at 1-888-310-9387 and ask for our admissions coordinator. To refer a family to the Building Families program, please complete the Building Families Referral Form.
What We Do
- Thornwell considers all admissions on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Thornwell provides residency services to qualified children and youth of parents or guardians residing in South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- We design programs and services to help children, youth, and families who are experiencing low-to-moderate emotional and/or behavioral problems.
- We receive hundreds of calls from pastors, social workers, family members, and others concerned for the well-being of a child.
- We network with agencies, as well as with child and family advocacy organizations.
- We make referrals to local agencies or other service providers.
- All residential children coming into Thornwell’s program must consent to placement. In every case, our ultimate course of action will be that which is most appropriate to the child’s well-being.
What Thornwell Doesn’t Do
- We are not a boarding school.
- We do not provide substance abuse or psychiatric treatment services.
- We cannot admit individuals who are considered to be a danger to themselves or others.
- We are not licensed to serve the needs of the physically, mentally, or severely emotionally handicapped.